PCM is an independent not for profit society, which was established in 1980. We encourage all applications from makers and artists living and working in West Wales. Our main activity is running exhibitions throughout West Wales where members sell their work.
Do not be afraid to apply if you feel we are already well represented in a particular medium as participants move out of the area, retire etc.. and not all members exhibit in all of the shows.
Makers and artists who join PCM consider that, working together they may achieve more than can be done by working alone, particularly in marketing. By becoming a member you will not only be joining a group of helpful, like minded makers and artists, but you are also joining a well known organisation that will raise your profile withing West Wales and beyond.
Members have control of how their work is displayed, and being a member ensures the maker or artist receives a high proportion of the retails price. We share information and (we hope) creating a lively and stimulating atmosphere in which creativity may flourish.
We strongly recommend that prospective applicants visit one of our shows, to get an idea of the range and quality of members work, and how it is presented. This also gives you a opportunity to meet the members who are stewarding.
Benefits of Membership
Cost of Membership
- Access to an extensive programme of good quality shows
- Working with a friendly and helpful group of creative people, promoting professional standards within a fully democratic organisation
- An inclusion in the annually produced PCM leaflet distributed throughout West Wales.
- Inclusion on the PCM website
What we would like from you
- Membership fee - £35 for your first year, then £70 per year thereafter (due 31st December)
- 12% commission on your sales, and a show fee (which varies per venue)
- You will be expected to share the stewarding of all shows that you take part in, which will include weekends
- A willingness to participate in helping to run the organisation (after your first year of membership, and once you feel comfortable about doing so)
If you would like to apply, please contact us HERE
and ask for an application form to be sent to you.